Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome the wide world of blogging

Throughout the last 4 years or so I have noticed that more and more people have followed the dreadful trend of blogging. Daily, there are more and more causalities to this painfully ridiculous trend. But what do you expect? Its a trend. Just like... Lady Gaga's legless unitards or Justin Beiber's comb-over.(Neither of which have I participated in.) You see my friends, I don't follow trends. I am trendsetter. Go ahead laugh if you may. But there was this one time in high school when everybody on my track team wanted to dye their hair gold like sisqo (from the group "Dru Hill) except me. The next day, after having a hair dying party at my friend Howard's house the night before, nearly the entire team came to school with gold hair.Unfortunately for them all the girls hated it. So for a week, I was almost the most popular guy in school because I set the trend... kind of.

So the question is "Why, Mr. Dirty Lenses, are you creating a blog?" Great question. And for that question I have created a top 10 list called. "Top 10  Reasons why I created a blog"
  1. I don't have a face for Youtube. When I used to be a Mass Communications major. My professor said, (in her gentle loving voice) some people aren't meant to be on tv. God just blessed some people with a face for radio.  Quite honestly, I think VLoging is even more ridiculous than blogging.  I mean if I'm going to humiliate myself for the public, I'm not going to walk around with a camera pointed at my face talking to a bunch of people I can't see. This is why Steve from "Blues Clues" went crazy and quit the show. Talking to imaginary friends is not good for the psyche.
  2. People are bored. Why do you think Facebook, Youtube and blogging was born? To cure America's boredom. Even before Facebook and other boredom killers, there were the tv shows "The Real World"  and "Survivor". Now I'm not going to lie, I'm thoroughly interested in watching people argue over why Jason's deceitful ways are causing an uproar in the Real World House... but only when I'm bored. Which brings me to point #3.
  3. I'm bored. It's odd that boredom has driven me to blogging. But it has. Most people would say that they have tons of ideas that they are just waiting to spill to blogging community. Well I have that too. But mostly I'm bored. I guess that's the life of a teacher during the summer. 
  4. I lied. I guess I really do have lots of ideas that I'm just waiting to spill. My wife says I'm very observant. She says I'm more observant than a woman. (I probably shouldn't have put that on the post.) Point being. I love to watch people's weird quirks then I wonder how they got that way. Not in a bad way. I just like to figure people out.
  5. I lied again.  I don't really have 10 reasons only 4. More like I had 10 reasons then I got bored. 
-Dirty Lenses

1 comment:

  1. I love it...so I'll follow you :) I'm excited about the House's new blogging trend. This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete